- CPA – Certified Public Accountant
- PFS – Personal Financial Specialist (must be a CPA to get this)
- CFP® - Certified Financial Planner
- CFS (Certified Fund Specialist - training in mutual fund and annuity investing)
- CSA – Certified Senior Advisor
- CKA – Certified Kingdom Advisor – Training in Biblical Financial Principles
- Series 7 General Securities Registered Representative
- Series 66 Combined Registered Agent/Investment Adviser
- Insurance Licensed for Health, Disability, Life, and Long Term Care
- Over 18 years of experience as an Independent Financial Advisor
Bill focuses on using basic and advanced strategies to help Business Owners, High Net Worth/Net Income Clients, Non-Profit Organizations, and Major Donors. Bill utilizes Investments, Annuities, Life Insurance, and Long Term Care Insurance to carry out advanced strategies to minimize taxes, prepare clients for retirement, efficiently passing on a client’s estate, retaining key employees, setting up retirement plans, etc.
Before serving as an Independent Financial Advisor, Bill worked for over 18 years at The Navigators, a Christian Not-for-Profit Missionary Organization, where he was responsible for the entire accounting of the organization and also served on a three person investment team that managed the funds of the organization.
Bill is originally from Des Moines, IA. He is an Eagle Scout, was the captain of his High School Wrestling Team, Wrestled in College, ran cross country in high school and college. He loves dogs and trained his first dog, a Bernese Mountain Dog named Destry, who became the first male Bernese to achieve the highest obedience level of Utility Dog in the American Kennel Club.
Bill is married to Li-Wen Chang Hammer who is from Taiwan and received a Master’s degree from the University of Iowa, and a PHD from Kansas State University. He has two sons.